Top tips from our Circle of Innovators
Innovators, we find, don’t have many events or places to come together and discuss freely about hot topics in their industry. This is why our Amsterdam Hub hold a quarterly event called Circle of Innovators. A small scale network event where innovation practitioners come together to share their experiences.
Early February we had our first Circle of 2017 and discussed the topic of Innovation Culture. Attendees from companies like Philips, Heineken and Mitsubishi shared their insights on the topic.
5 takeaways from the our circle of innovation practitioners:
- To innovate or not to innovate? Innovation is costly and hard. Can you do without innovation? Not innovating can help your business survive for 20 years. But then there is a cliff… and suddenly you may find your products irrelevant to the consumer
- Innovation = stakeholder management. Your best bet is to involve both the usual suspects as well as those who typically do not believe in innovation. Turn your opponents into your allies early on to help spread your innovation story in the business!
- Experimentation is a hot topic; yet a frustration for many consumer brands as it is more difficult for them to pull off: what does a beta version of a soft drink look like?
- Innovation comes in all sizes, big and small. Sometimes, new packaging can actually have a big impact for a brand in FMCG. Isn’t it the business impact that matters?
- Eco-system innovation is hot and new territory. Innovation used to take place behind closed doors, but it seems that to do eco-system innovation properly, you need to be more transparent and willing to share and co-create with eco-system stakeholders.
Are you interested in how these takeaways can boost your business? Or interested in being a part of Circle of Innovators? Get in touch with Daniëlle to find out more