Innovation training – develop your capability
Happen works with you and your employees to develop your innovation capability through training sessions:
- Develop a game-changing business vision or brand strategy
- Unlock your organisation’s creative skills
- Discover what it takes to be truly insightful
We combine classroom and innovation training sessions, combined with hands-on work in your business to ensure you have embedded the right behaviours and KPIs for success and adoption within the organisation.
Best practices for innovation capability and training development
- It is bespoke. What works for Google or Facebook or any other highly visible innovative company won’t work for you.
- You are probably sitting on some great ideas right now. Within your organisation we can probably find dozens of potential consumer concepts and innovative technologies from previous projects that just need a nudge or a fresh pair of eyes on them. Think you have a few? Let us know and we would be happy to chat.
- Pragmatism, not idealism. Drive by pragmatism and clearly defined outcome. A ‘Re-use/ Modify / Invest’ path may suit you better than ‘Develop’ in a lot of cases. The skills that enable those two different innovation paths are intrinsically different
- Entrepreneurial, not ticking boxes. Enable and reward intrapreneurship alongside set processes. The inside story is often different from reality – some projects are hidden from management and worked on in secret for years because somebody believes in them
- Know what success looks like. Define clearly what success means and learn from past mistakes. There are endless definitions of innovation, you need specific criteria to qualify ideas into the pipeline – e.g. 5x performance improvement, distinct new user group, 30% reduction in price, investment, etcetera
At Happen, effective innovation training and development is about teaching skills and embedding processes at the same time. We use our own tools every day and know they work.
Listen to Seth Godin talk innovation and how to get your ideas to spread: #ideasworthspreading @Ted Innovation
Help employees innovate by giving them the right challenge. Further research has confirmed the importance of challenge in driving innovation, read more about it with the Harvard Business Review.
Get in touch to find out more
Please use the Get In Touch form on the right to contact us for more information on our innovation training programme.